Friday, September 24, 2010

Update, September 24

So I am waiting to have my evening call with Michael Oram about the weather and the departure time, I call after 7pm once he has listened to, and digested the weather forecast.

This morning we went down to the seashore and I swam for a little more than an hour, Andrew walked the shore and discussed sea obstacles and conditions with the two fishermen, and helped keep me clear of their fishing lines.

The beach was desolate to say the least, besides us, the two fishermen were the only other people I saw. The beach itself was smooth stones between about 3/4" to 1 1/2" in diameter. The water was calm this morning, (it "freshend up a bit" this afternoon, huge white caps, very rough). The water was quite salty, the visibility was near zero, I could see my elbows, but not my hands. It was cold, but not debilitating, never comfy though.


This is looking down the beach towards the white cliffs of Dover. The two fishermen can be seen near the sea's edge.This is looking North East up the beach, towards the pier in Deal, the little white thing in the sea is, I think, a ferry and actually looked really big.


This is looking out to sea, because of the way the coastline curves, here we are actually looking towards, northern France or Belgium. You may or may not be able to make out the big tanker, the ferry and the HUGE container ship out in the distance. Plenty of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment